Have a thing for Wine? Then you have the best option if you are in San Francisco.
Napa Valley wineries are the most renowned places to be if you are such a wine lover. Apart from wine tasting, Napa Valley wine tour from San Francisco also offers a lot of scenic views on the journey. So choose your transport wisely and that’s why we are here to help.
How to get there
- By Car: A long 55-minute drive from San Francisco to Napa Valley allows you to enjoy the natural and scenic views. Make sure you stock on food supplies and safety kits. Also, do not forget to check the traffic before you leave. The roads are often found crowded after 11 am, so it’s best to leave early in the morning. If you are driving the advantage is yours, as you get to pass through the Golden Bridge or the Bay Bridge depending on the route your choose.
- Vallejo Ferry: To reach Napa Valley, you can either drive or take a ferry from San Francisco ferry building whose tickets have to you’ll have to buy separately and at least a day before you intend to travel. Make sure you have checked the operating schedule before booking your tickets.
- Napa Valley consists of different towns with their unique offerings. From Michelin star restaurants serving gourmet recipes to beautiful hotels with relaxing views, every town has its touch. Choose very wisely before you go and for that, we are here to help you pick what is best for you!
- City of Napa: This town is known for The Napa Valley Opera House which dates back to 1880 and for its entertaining live shows. If you are looking for a great dining experience, then Morimoto Napa is a Michelin star Japanese restaurant which you can visit. The town also offers cuisines like Italian and American. For accommodation, you would be looking at vineyard cottages which are provided by many hotels and resorts, but the most favorites of all are Silverado Resort and Andaz Hotel. Most of the wineries charge for tastings and hence check prices before going. Stonehenge Winery and FarellaVineyard are among the few places which offer free tastings with purchase which is not usual as others charge on per person basis.
- Train: Napa Valley Wine Train is for those who want to indulge in luxury. With three kitchens on the train, we are sure you won’t go hungry. Obviously, there is more wine! However, there are different packages that you should choose from which would decide your dining options. If you are looking for privacy and romance for your special one, then you can surely upgrade the class to Gourmet Express Package and Vista Dome. But if you take the Winery Tour package then you can include the Train ride into the same.
- City of Yountville: Known for its V marketplace, this town is known for its events and festivals which introduce the tourists to local culture. Villagio Inn and Bardessono are few among the luxuries hotels to live in, but there are affordable accommodations near the marketplace. This town is best known for its number of Michelin Star restaurants that serve Italian, French and Mediterranean cuisine. Hopper Creek Winery and Hill Family Estate are the two wineries which offer you free tastings if you make a purchase that means your bottle of wine just got discounted.
- St Helena: Hosting the Culinary Institute of America, you know what to expect from this town. ST Helena is also famous as a shopping attraction and does have many art galleries. The most famous event is the Music in Vineyards which is bliss for music and wine lovers. You can find a holistic dining experience from alocal cooked place like Farmstead to luxury restaurants like Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen. You must stay at the Meadowood Napa Valley resort for the luxury of the beauty of this village.
- Sonoma: Just like Napa which is so famous in the world, Sonoma gets buried under its shadow but has a lot more to offer you for your Wine tasting experience. The best places to visit in a town, which is only 30 min drive from Napa, are Santa Rosa, Healdsburg and Russian River Valley. But the major attraction is the Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley which leaves from Sonoma Plaza at 10:30 in the morning to take you through the best wineries and the picturesque view. This ride takes you to four premium wineries which are Imagery Estate, Benziger, Kunde and Paradise Ridge and BR Cohn.
You can also choose from the options of Napa valley wine tasting tours from San Francisco that are available online at discounted prices. But if you are the adventurous type of an individual, then plan your trip and save money to buy more wine. Cheers!